About Me - GAD123

My photo
Belfast, N.I., United Kingdom
I first got on the net over 15 (2009) years ago and have had my own site for at least 7 (2009) of those years (a place where I could dump the misery of my everyday life!), you can see my fist efforts @ www.freewebs.com/gad123 and my current blog @ www.gad123.co.uk . I am a kind person, smart, (I know that is subjective) and witty, the dry, sarcastic type! I am told that I am easy to talk to and am very laid back. I enjoy playing poker, listening to any music, watching movies & American TV shows, love going to the pub, dancing on a Saturday night and am a bit of a nerd as I own a Wii, PS3 and built my own PC! I am a creature of routine, love the night time when all the exciting things happen, am a bit of an insomniac and love getting trashed at the weekends! If you want, you can catch me on MSN @ graham@gad123.co.uk! Take care and enjoy you browse around this GAD123 Page!

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Dropping ISP's...

Today I need some help. I need recommendations for a new ISP (Internet Service provider). I am currently using Tiscali and have been for 12 months now. I use Peer 2 Peer software, downloading about 120 gigs per month. I am one of those undesirable people that ruin it for everyone, I know, I know but I pay for a service and just like making the most of it. Now because of that it did not take them long to catch up with me and apply their fair use policy, my account is still unmetered but through traffic shaping I can just about get enough bandwidth to surf between 6pm and 11pm, which I accept! The problem is that they now drop my connection every hour, so when I am not around to monitor it I can't reconnect!

This pisses me off, I assume there is little I can do but I will be calling them to question what is going on and then probably looking for another provider if it can't be resolved! This happened before with BT (hence why I left them) and their solution was to charge me £100+ a month, which is ridicules.

Ideally I want to pay £30 per month for unmetered or monitored, 2meg broadband. I don't think my line can support 8meg but this would be advantageous, as would fee connection, modem and no long term contract. Has anyone in cyberspace got a good ISP that they think I should check out? Cheers!

TODAY'S LINKS :: MoBlog - My life in photo's :: The Future of our World :: Does Poker Keep Getting Harder and Harder? :: Ten Simple Rules for Dating my Teenage Daughter!

MYsPACE LINK OF THE DAY :: The Stiff Kitten, Belfast

REMEMBER KID'S :: "There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't"


No comments: