About Me - GAD123

My photo
Belfast, N.I., United Kingdom
I first got on the net over 15 (2009) years ago and have had my own site for at least 7 (2009) of those years (a place where I could dump the misery of my everyday life!), you can see my fist efforts @ www.freewebs.com/gad123 and my current blog @ www.gad123.co.uk . I am a kind person, smart, (I know that is subjective) and witty, the dry, sarcastic type! I am told that I am easy to talk to and am very laid back. I enjoy playing poker, listening to any music, watching movies & American TV shows, love going to the pub, dancing on a Saturday night and am a bit of a nerd as I own a Wii, PS3 and built my own PC! I am a creature of routine, love the night time when all the exciting things happen, am a bit of an insomniac and love getting trashed at the weekends! If you want, you can catch me on MSN @ graham@gad123.co.uk! Take care and enjoy you browse around this GAD123 Page!

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I Think I've Cracked It All...

Current Mood :: The current mood of gad123 at www.imood.com
Current Music :: GAD123 Last FM
E-Mail GAD123 :: E-Mail GAD123



OK it's Tuesday, I am very tired (been setting up new mobile applications late in to the night but more on that later) and the week is dragging. I am off camping this weekend with lots of friends, can't wait as it's going to be good fun, it's raining the whole weekend and I need a change of scenery! Getting all my stuff out tonight and cleaning it with Dimples, got to water proof my tent and everything!

My TV arrived in one piece on Friday, I can't say enough about the company that supplied it, apart from the fantastic price, one day delivery to N.I., the guy I dealt with actually called me up on Friday evening to make sure everything was OK. So please check out XOMY for any of you electrical equipment. I honestly can't big them up enough! The TV it's self is just brill, I can't get over how BLACK the blacks are on it, it's a lovely piece of kit!

Finally today 'the phone', hmmmm. Nokia have finally done it, it's amazing and all that I hoped (not even going to mention Google Maps teamed with GPS). Admittedly the battery only lasts a day (have a second one on order, plus case, etc) and it has crashed a couple of times. Put that aside (it will be dealt with in further firmware updates I'm sure) and it really is a PC in your pocket!

So far I have found hacks and work arounds (O2 really try to screw you by removing things like VoIP) for everything I want. Now it looks good, has all the info I need on the first screen, I have free calls with VoIP through a new company called TruPhone. It was fiddly to set up because of O2 messing with the N95 but it works really well, so that means free mobile calls to other TruPhone users or very cheap calls to anyone else and what's more, free calls to 1.6 billion landlines until June 30th 2007. So you can contact me on +447624003186, well that's only if I am near an access point or hotspot, lol. Check my status at the bottom of this post! I assume it will mean that you can also call me on this number cheaply too from a land line! Sign up and let me know your TruPhone number!

What else have I done, lets see, Oh new e mail address for my phone is E-Mail graham.moblie@gad123.co.uk so you can reach me there if I am out and about! The last BIG thing I started last night was accessing my PC from the phone, well not just accessing but watching my movies stored there, browsing pics, documents and the best thing... Using my TV Tuner to watch TV, yip that's right, I can now watch my TV over the net on my phone! I need to configure some ports to finalise it (security has to be an issue when setting this type of thing up) but I am almost there. The software will allow me to watch anywhere in the world, on a laptop, games console, PSP even (OK maybe not the PSP but soon I hope). All you need is an internet connection and some sort of streaming player! it took ages to find but the software I used was ORB and very streamlined it is too! Check it out and you too can embrace technology like me, I just love it. I nearly did one last night after finding out that I can do everything I hoped with the N95 and probably better than I imagined! Can I not make money out of setting up crap like this for people....

I will follow this all up with pics as soon as I can. Have a good day folks and remember technology is your friend, the way forward and makes the world a smaller place every day! *cough* Yes I know about the environmental impact and the footprint I create, it's happening whether you like it or not, a natural evolution step, mother earth playing the balancing act and no matter what you or I do we can't halt it but that's a whole other post!

P.S. - After reading that through before posting I just realised how much of a nerd I am, I mean I have only had the phone bloody 4 days!!?
TODAY'S LINKS :: New T-Shirt Hell Shirts :: TruPhone Blog :: XOMY :: ORB :: Real player Links for streaming live radio to the N95 :: Real Time World Satellite Sun Map :: Douch Bag Def Pic

REMEMBER KID'S :: "God is my co-pilot, but the Devil is my bombardier"

AddThis Feed Button

Get Truphone

No comments: