About Me - GAD123

My photo
Belfast, N.I., United Kingdom
I first got on the net over 15 (2009) years ago and have had my own site for at least 7 (2009) of those years (a place where I could dump the misery of my everyday life!), you can see my fist efforts @ www.freewebs.com/gad123 and my current blog @ www.gad123.co.uk . I am a kind person, smart, (I know that is subjective) and witty, the dry, sarcastic type! I am told that I am easy to talk to and am very laid back. I enjoy playing poker, listening to any music, watching movies & American TV shows, love going to the pub, dancing on a Saturday night and am a bit of a nerd as I own a Wii, PS3 and built my own PC! I am a creature of routine, love the night time when all the exciting things happen, am a bit of an insomniac and love getting trashed at the weekends! If you want, you can catch me on MSN @ graham@gad123.co.uk! Take care and enjoy you browse around this GAD123 Page!

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Heroes Transform Our Public Transport System...

Current Mood :: The current mood of gad123 at www.imood.com

Current Music :: GAD123 Last FM

E-Mail GAD123 :: E-Mail GAD123



1st off, Heroes starts tonight on BBC2, just bloody watch it, best TV show of the year! Hero rocks!!

I watched Transformers on Saturday night, not nearly as dark as I had hoped, a little cheesy maybe, funny even, that's not what I expected really but hey, the reason to check it out is for the special FX and big robots fighting. This, it does with ease, the fights could not really be improved upon and it's open for a sequel, just bring it!!

Todays rant is about the public transport system. I don't know what it's like in England but ministers are set to announce billions of pounds to remove bottlenecks and increase capacity on the railways. Cost does not seem an issue, everyone is using public transport and they need to expand to seemingly cope with demand! Here in N.I. we have new trains, great busses, plenty of routes but it's so expensive you can only use it if forced too. It's actually cheaper to drive and what use is that to the environment? If you buy a monthly ticket, and travel to the City I can see that you may save a little but come on, is this incentive enough to share a carriage with the Proletariat, I think not!

There must be a way to bring down fares and then you may tempt me. I walk past the bus stop, in the town I work every morning on my way to the corner shop for milk and a cig, and there are only kids and oldies there, paying reduced fares or free with there buss pass! I actually watched this morning 2 busses drive past with not one passenger on board!!? What's that about, is that what a full fare paying passenger is subsidising? I think it's wholly possible to look at the service, reduce rates and make it a more attractive service to use, ergo, more passengers, revenue and less car usage!

Finally I set up my PlayStation®3, hooked up seamlessly with Vista and streaming media from Media Player 11 is a doodle, even using my PSP wirelessly to view videos stored on my PC. High Def cable and games come today and tonight I will hook that up with the optical digital out to my sound system and Bob's you uncle! Played some demos I downloaded last night in SD and I can happily say I am very pleased but bring on HD and HD movies (Blu-Ray), imagine Blade Runner *cries a little*. My Gaming Tag is - GAD123 so don't forget to add me!

TODAY'S LINKS :: Awesome Skittles Commercial :: Quit Complaining About Your Job :: Free Management Library :: Charlie Brown? Manga designs woah, what the fuq! :: Cute little animals :: Top end iPhone = $3,515

REMEMBER KID'S :: "I'm going to graduate on time, no matter how long it takes!
AddThis Feed Button

Get Truphone

No comments: