About Me - GAD123

My photo
Belfast, N.I., United Kingdom
I first got on the net over 15 (2009) years ago and have had my own site for at least 7 (2009) of those years (a place where I could dump the misery of my everyday life!), you can see my fist efforts @ www.freewebs.com/gad123 and my current blog @ www.gad123.co.uk . I am a kind person, smart, (I know that is subjective) and witty, the dry, sarcastic type! I am told that I am easy to talk to and am very laid back. I enjoy playing poker, listening to any music, watching movies & American TV shows, love going to the pub, dancing on a Saturday night and am a bit of a nerd as I own a Wii, PS3 and built my own PC! I am a creature of routine, love the night time when all the exciting things happen, am a bit of an insomniac and love getting trashed at the weekends! If you want, you can catch me on MSN @ graham@gad123.co.uk! Take care and enjoy you browse around this GAD123 Page!

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

It's A Bloody Post - Shut Up...

Current Mood :: The current mood of gad123 at www.imood.com
Current Music :: GAD123 Last FM
E-Mail GAD123 :: E-Mail GAD123



How good were the last 3 episodes of Doc Who, "Here come the drums, here come the drums, baby, baby, baby...." Just brill! It's the first time I have enjoyed it since Rose left, roll on the next season and a new companion, I believe!

It's just ironic, Northern Ireland enters a new phase just as Mainland UK starts to take a step back in time to the old days of good old fashion heavy handed policing and the potential for your next door neighbour to be a terrorist!

It was not that long ago that towns were shut at 11pm with barriers on ever street, stop and search check points where set up randomly and every shop you went in to had burly security guards searching you! No one cared about the violation of our human rights and to top it off we now have former terrorists running our country. I really don't feel anything concerning what is going on in the mainland right now and, as I have become accustomed, did not notice anything mildly shocking in the news over the weekend, it's all a bit, well, been there, done that! To be honest it all seems a little OTT, these guys are not the IRA and should be fairly easy to stop, yes?

I had the 'pleasure' of flying to England recently and the checks at the airport where just unbelievable. Of course being a single with guy, coming form N.I. and clearly looking like a terrorist, I had my photograph taken and was tracked through that whole airport. I felt a bit violated and now there are talks of putting similar checks in place on the Tube and Trains, what a mess!

It looks like what has happened here has been a waste of time, all those lives lost and what is there to show for it, we are still part of the UK and it looks like nothing has been learnt dealing with the terrorism threat here over the decades! It's a sad state of affairs.

Oh played poker last night, went to a chip count and lost by the smallest or margins, maybe one less hand or one more and I would have had it *gutted* Thanks for the game Kayeso!

TODAY'S LINKS :: 10 Most Dangerous Toys of All Time! :: The Teenage Dream Pad :: Get a Life Mate! :: A fairly detailed guide to creating various eye forms for your Manga characters :: The Cat Day - 751 :: Eighteen Love Signs

REMEMBER KID'S :: "Save the whales! Trade them for valuable prizes."
AddThis Feed Button

Get Truphone

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for the link love...And yeah, airport security is getting crazy. A week ago I had to go pick up my sons little friend at the airport so I got to actually go to the gate, but not before I passed about four security checks, took off my shoes, got ex-rayed (twice) and signed my life way on three various sets of forms.

Nuts -- I was really glad I didn't have my six year old with me -- that would have been a nightmare.
~Peace

BiScUiTs said...

Blimey, well I'm glad I'm not intending to fly anywhere at the moment! On the other hand, I suppose maybe if the kerfuffle puts people off flying there will be less pollution haha.

Graham - GAD123 said...

Hey no probs, it's a fantastic post that I had to like to! As for traveling it's gonna keep getting worse I guess! :(