About Me - GAD123

My photo
Belfast, N.I., United Kingdom
I first got on the net over 15 (2009) years ago and have had my own site for at least 7 (2009) of those years (a place where I could dump the misery of my everyday life!), you can see my fist efforts @ www.freewebs.com/gad123 and my current blog @ www.gad123.co.uk . I am a kind person, smart, (I know that is subjective) and witty, the dry, sarcastic type! I am told that I am easy to talk to and am very laid back. I enjoy playing poker, listening to any music, watching movies & American TV shows, love going to the pub, dancing on a Saturday night and am a bit of a nerd as I own a Wii, PS3 and built my own PC! I am a creature of routine, love the night time when all the exciting things happen, am a bit of an insomniac and love getting trashed at the weekends! If you want, you can catch me on MSN @ graham@gad123.co.uk! Take care and enjoy you browse around this GAD123 Page!

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Bill Gates Bitch Talks Gadgets...

So what am I going to talk about today, well at the risk of being branded Bill Gates bitch again I am going to go a little geeky on you lot. Microsoft Live has been kicking around for a little while and I have been messing around with it. It's not quite made it as my home page but it's nearly there and you should check it out.

So what is it? Well I know there is a lot of argument over who's original idea it is *get off your high MAC horse, I have no idea how you can see the screen from up there anyway* but I first discovered the joy of 'gadgets' and RSS feeds (I have covered RSS feeds before here and if you don't yet know what they are you should not be left alone with a PC, never mind turning it on and actually operating one) using a nice little home page provide by BT and Yahoo a couple of years ago. I have since moved on from BT, the scum that they are and have been looking for a way to replicate that environment. If you are familiar with this then 'Live' will be second nature to you. Basically it's a page where you can display feeds of your fav sites like, BBC News, in little modules but more than that you can install programs or 'gadgets'. Some examples would be a calculator, world time, weather and going further than that games like hangman, IM client or HTML editor.

Anyway it's what I have been looking for and fills a need for me, it's easy to set up and I think if you have not used this type of thing before you will find it very useful. My only real gripe is that the themes are a little wishy washy and girly, I mean who wants pastel shades on there PC, it's a bit gay but then it's not like you can do much with XP, is it?

TODAY'S LINKS :: Great Blog :: A Shock for Kermit :: Lesbian Toon Stuff :: SAFETY CHARTS FROM INDIA :: Exploring the most beautiful parts of England :: Unofficial Windows 98 SE Service Pack 2.1a

REMEMBER KID'S :: "If you believe in telepathy, think about honking"


2 comments:

BC87 said...

Microsoft is a monoplitic company wishing to dominate every single industry within their reach.

If you can, try to use microsoft products as little as you can.

I suggest you use linux, or solaris.

however, lets not forget they have produced amazing software for us to use.

BC87 said...

you know, I just realized that we spend too much time on the internet.

Our life is flying by so fast we don't even realize it.