About Me - GAD123

My photo
Belfast, N.I., United Kingdom
I first got on the net over 15 (2009) years ago and have had my own site for at least 7 (2009) of those years (a place where I could dump the misery of my everyday life!), you can see my fist efforts @ www.freewebs.com/gad123 and my current blog @ www.gad123.co.uk . I am a kind person, smart, (I know that is subjective) and witty, the dry, sarcastic type! I am told that I am easy to talk to and am very laid back. I enjoy playing poker, listening to any music, watching movies & American TV shows, love going to the pub, dancing on a Saturday night and am a bit of a nerd as I own a Wii, PS3 and built my own PC! I am a creature of routine, love the night time when all the exciting things happen, am a bit of an insomniac and love getting trashed at the weekends! If you want, you can catch me on MSN @ graham@gad123.co.uk! Take care and enjoy you browse around this GAD123 Page!

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Dumfounded Parenting 101...

This morning outside Tescos on my way to get my morning coffee I seen just about the most ignorant thing a parent could do, I was going to take a pic but thought that was maybe a bit weird, let me explain. A car was parked about 2 foot from the curb, on double yellow lines, at an angle with the back jutting well in to the road, a busy town centre road at that. The car was well beat up, UNLOCKED, with 3 car/booster seats and one occupant, a little boy about 1 year old left sleeping in the back seat, roadside! What was wrong with this mum or dad, with 2 other obviously older kids they should know better, popping in for some shopping and leaving that little boy unattended. Is it really more important that that he had a nap than his safety??! The mind boggles at this parents lack of responsibility and utter stupidity!

A good weekend was had with drinking, lairyness, poker, football, F1 and some dancing. Friday night I got to hang with John for like the first time in 2 months, we watched the Leeds playoff and drank beer, then home to win an internet poker 1 table tournament. Saturday I had a lie in and then watched F1 qualifying. The evening was spent down the local and then to a club, young people today have no respect, it all got a bit "I predict a Riot"'ish! Again home to win another 1 table internet tourney. Sunday was the F1 race and Shu was back in top form to take the win. Sunday evening I was yet again on the beer and playing poker, this time a 40 person live tournament. I played rubbish, well I was not that bad but basically threw all my chips away in a stupid call that I did not have to make (AA against QQ). Was ultimately trying to play looser, with aggression but did not get the chance to continue. I refused to buy in again because I had been stupid! Kayeso was running the tournament and I feel I let the side down from our Wednesday night game, not that any of us got to the final table but there you have it! We officially suck! Took Monday off work, played another 7000 person tournament, came in the top 600. Really trying to find a balance, a trade off to complement my tight play with looser more aggressive moves but fine tuning it will take time!

So that's everyone up to date. Hope your week has started well and everyone, here in Northern Ireland at least, is enjoying the fine weather!

TODAY'S LINKS :: MoBlog - My life in photo's UPDATED! :: New T-Shirt Hell Shirts :: A Torrent Search Engine Searcher :: Nice pants, very airbrushed! :: Why Dogs Bite Their Owners :: The UK Top 40 Hit Database

THINGS EVERYONE CAN LOOK FORWARD TOO :: Summer vacation :: World Cup :: Big Brother (Just over a week to go)

REMEMBER KID'S :: "People like you are the reason people like me need medication"


No comments: