About Me - GAD123

My photo
Belfast, N.I., United Kingdom
I first got on the net over 15 (2009) years ago and have had my own site for at least 7 (2009) of those years (a place where I could dump the misery of my everyday life!), you can see my fist efforts @ www.freewebs.com/gad123 and my current blog @ www.gad123.co.uk . I am a kind person, smart, (I know that is subjective) and witty, the dry, sarcastic type! I am told that I am easy to talk to and am very laid back. I enjoy playing poker, listening to any music, watching movies & American TV shows, love going to the pub, dancing on a Saturday night and am a bit of a nerd as I own a Wii, PS3 and built my own PC! I am a creature of routine, love the night time when all the exciting things happen, am a bit of an insomniac and love getting trashed at the weekends! If you want, you can catch me on MSN @ graham@gad123.co.uk! Take care and enjoy you browse around this GAD123 Page!

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Voting in the Second Life Clouds...

Current Mood :: The current mood of gad123 at www.imood.com
Current Music :: GAD123 Last FM
E-Mail GAD123 :: E-Mail GAD123



Hope you all had a good weekend. The usual drinkin/Wii action for me! I am celebrating my birthday this weekend so wanted a quite one. Thanks for all the birthday messages I have received, it's not actually on the 1st! It's been in the news this week but who in their right mind would give their real date out for all to see on the interwebnet!

I don't really understand why we are doing this yet again but the run up has been suspiciously quite and only now with days to go are the parties beginning to make themselves heard. The Greens where the first to put up the usual signage, tho I can't see them polling much higher than in any election before in N.I.

It's weird here when voting, unfortunately you can't vote for policies that pertain to the big issues; Water rates, Health, Education and the big one for me the Economy. Like it or not, power sharing, direct rule or a united Ireland are the choices (tho some parties have made a stab this time round at tackling the issues that the old doorstep jaunt raises) and a vote for a smaller party is nearly as bad a voting for the 'other side'! *sigh* Is it all even important anyway? The whole assembly is wrapped up in red tape and as far as I can figure, the only real power in this devolved government is choosing the day we leave our coloured bins out, of course one is green and the other blue, so there is plenty for the MLA's to get their teeth in to!

I finally got round to checking out Second Life and it's time I am never going to get back, wasted and not even a story to tell. It's slow, blocky, full of twat's and I don't see the point. If you wanna chat and make new 'friends' use a community site, what's the point in lying about who you are... If you wanna live in a fantasy world, try World of Warcraft which does it a million times better, simple! The only positive thing I can say is it is an attempt at making the web 3D but it's another few years off before we see that with any real usability!

Lastly, because it's been a while I give you GAD123's Blog Word Cloud:

GAD123's Blog Word Cloud

TODAY'S LINKS :: Only 11 Days to the Start of the Formula 1 Season :: MoBlog - My life in photo's :: New T-Shirt Hell Shirts :: Mannys Babes

REMEMBER KID'S :: "God made them sisters; Prozac made them friends"

1 comment:

BC87 said...

yeah second life is kinda lame, I would have to agree on that.