About Me - GAD123

My photo
Belfast, N.I., United Kingdom
I first got on the net over 15 (2009) years ago and have had my own site for at least 7 (2009) of those years (a place where I could dump the misery of my everyday life!), you can see my fist efforts @ www.freewebs.com/gad123 and my current blog @ www.gad123.co.uk . I am a kind person, smart, (I know that is subjective) and witty, the dry, sarcastic type! I am told that I am easy to talk to and am very laid back. I enjoy playing poker, listening to any music, watching movies & American TV shows, love going to the pub, dancing on a Saturday night and am a bit of a nerd as I own a Wii, PS3 and built my own PC! I am a creature of routine, love the night time when all the exciting things happen, am a bit of an insomniac and love getting trashed at the weekends! If you want, you can catch me on MSN @ graham@gad123.co.uk! Take care and enjoy you browse around this GAD123 Page!

Thursday, April 26, 2007

This has to end, the crash is coming...

Current Mood :: The current mood of gad123 at www.imood.com
Current Music :: GAD123 Last FM
E-Mail GAD123 :: E-Mail GAD123



Thursday already, my how this week has dragged! Roll on the weekend. Anyway, back to business. I just found out that a COUNCIL FLAT across the road from where I work, with small windows, outside stairs, right beside a busy carriage way that 35,000 cars used daily, in really run down condition, the type of place that a low wage first time buyer would be looking at has gone up for sale. Now the housing market in N.I. has went completely mad climbing 40% last year according to some estimates and leading Europe but imagine my complete astonishment to find out the price of this place is offers over £186,000. I know it's mad, utterly insane in fact and I think you will find that it rivals any property valuation in the UK (excluding the capitals) or maybe the world. Now maybe it does not sound THAT bad but let me break it down for you:

£20,000 - Deposit
£166,000 - Mortgage

Therefore with a 5 times salary mortgage (the highest possible) your wage would need to be £33,200. That's the wage of a top level manager in Northern Ireland and more than £10,000 above the average wage, considering it is the bottom run of the ladder property, how can anyone afford this? Not even taking in to account factors such as, what if interest rates keep climbing, water rates have still to be introduced, raising oil prices, higher cost of living in N.I. because of geographical position, etc! Repossession is just begging on that one!

This has to end, mark my words, the crash is coming...

GAD123 Cassette

TODAY'S LINKS :: Lots of BitTorrent Sites :: N95 The Phone I want but not at this price! :: N95 GPS Maps :: GAD123 PSP Site :: I Forgot 420

REMEMBER KID'S :: "If catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults."

AddThis Feed Button

3 comments:

BC87 said...

Interest rates climb because the government of your country controls it.

The government doesn't see low interest as a good thing, they see a balanced economy as a good thing.

Just telling you in case you don't know.

BC87 said...

Oh yeah, the government don't see high or low interest rates as good or bad.

It's the balance economy that works to their view.

Graham - GAD123 said...

It's just mad. Thanks for your comments dude! ;)