About Me - GAD123

My photo
Belfast, N.I., United Kingdom
I first got on the net over 15 (2009) years ago and have had my own site for at least 7 (2009) of those years (a place where I could dump the misery of my everyday life!), you can see my fist efforts @ www.freewebs.com/gad123 and my current blog @ www.gad123.co.uk . I am a kind person, smart, (I know that is subjective) and witty, the dry, sarcastic type! I am told that I am easy to talk to and am very laid back. I enjoy playing poker, listening to any music, watching movies & American TV shows, love going to the pub, dancing on a Saturday night and am a bit of a nerd as I own a Wii, PS3 and built my own PC! I am a creature of routine, love the night time when all the exciting things happen, am a bit of an insomniac and love getting trashed at the weekends! If you want, you can catch me on MSN @ graham@gad123.co.uk! Take care and enjoy you browse around this GAD123 Page!

Monday, April 30, 2007

Fuming at Ban...

Current Mood :: The current mood of gad123 at www.imood.com
Current Music :: GAD123 Last FM
E-Mail GAD123 :: E-Mail GAD123



Northern Ireland has stubbed out smoking for good with a ban in cafes, bars and restaurants as well as workplaces coming into force today. That means it's illegal to smoke in these places, I mean it's bloody ILLEGAL. I have already had a visit at work this morning from the Environmental Health who gave me a ticking off for not having the correct signage up and when enquiring where I smoked (outside) reminded me that I can't, because there are no ashtrays in the street in which to put the butt, so in theory I could be prosecuted for littering. How dumb is that?! If only other laws where policed this effectively the country would be a better place.

Apparently research suggests 95 per cent of people support the legislation which is already in effect in Scotland and Wales and will be introduced across England in two months. Again this is rubbish, as every smoker I have talked to is pissed about it! Now don't get me wrong, I would not want to smoke where people eat, in the work place around other non-smokers, hospitals, etc but surely places like public houses should have a choice as to implementing this law or maybe a room could be provided for partaking in inhalation of tobacco products that is inside the building. What is this all for anyway, best guesstimate puts one death every fortnight due to second-hand smoke, that's 24 a year, more people probably get killed cleaning the bath. It's just my opinion and it counts for nothing as this ban is here to stay. On the plus side it will save me a fortune not hitting the club at the weekend!

Read the reactions here or anywhere, they are suspiciously one sided... Right, I am done with this now, move along and enjoy your Monday.

TODAY'S LINKS :: Smoking With Style :: James Barber Tobacconists :: Resume - George W. Bush :: Amazing Advertisements

REMEMBER KID'S :: "Reality is a crutch for people who can't handle drugs!"

AddThis Feed Button

No comments: