About Me - GAD123

My photo
Belfast, N.I., United Kingdom
I first got on the net over 15 (2009) years ago and have had my own site for at least 7 (2009) of those years (a place where I could dump the misery of my everyday life!), you can see my fist efforts @ www.freewebs.com/gad123 and my current blog @ www.gad123.co.uk . I am a kind person, smart, (I know that is subjective) and witty, the dry, sarcastic type! I am told that I am easy to talk to and am very laid back. I enjoy playing poker, listening to any music, watching movies & American TV shows, love going to the pub, dancing on a Saturday night and am a bit of a nerd as I own a Wii, PS3 and built my own PC! I am a creature of routine, love the night time when all the exciting things happen, am a bit of an insomniac and love getting trashed at the weekends! If you want, you can catch me on MSN @ graham@gad123.co.uk! Take care and enjoy you browse around this GAD123 Page!

Friday, January 20, 2006

Animation...

I am really liking animation at the minute, well I have always liked it really but just at the mo I am finding it more entertaining than previously. I am sure it comes from the fact that boundaries can be pushed so much further and you find that sex, violence or language that could never be produced for the big or small screen without relegating it to the dark recesses of the underworld can be recreated in an edgy, entertaining and escapistic (is that a word Dimples?) way! For me the best animation relies on the writing tho and not the prettiness of the drawings or indeed, how graphic they are. Imagine how four 8 year old boys calling one an others mothers "crack whores" would go down in the real world, well clearly it wouldn't and would never be made in to a movie but in cartoon form South Park is one of the best things on TV currently!

Anyway the point is that I have been buying Spiderman classics and some new stuff but I want something a little more adult, this leads me to Manga and other Japanese animation! I have some stuff already but it's so had to find good movies that are not all about the sex and violence and indeed has some substance. Well... After reading this review that I spied on Slashdot I think I am going to get Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Complete 1st GIG Box Set (7 Discs)! If anyone can recommend anything else I am open to suggestions because with little knowledge it's hard to separate the wheat from the chaff!

Now that you are all bored, remember that it's most of the way through the working week, now skip off in to the interwebnet distance with a smile on your face, after you have check out the links I slave over every god dam day for you guys, naturally!

TODAY'S LINKS :: MoBlog - My life in photo's - UPDATED :: New T-Shirt Hell Shirts :: Billiard World :: Starbucks Drinks Simplified :: Bitch - Book Reviews

REMEMBER KID'S :: "Marge I swear, I never thought that you would find out."

No comments: