About Me - GAD123

My photo
Belfast, N.I., United Kingdom
I first got on the net over 15 (2009) years ago and have had my own site for at least 7 (2009) of those years (a place where I could dump the misery of my everyday life!), you can see my fist efforts @ www.freewebs.com/gad123 and my current blog @ www.gad123.co.uk . I am a kind person, smart, (I know that is subjective) and witty, the dry, sarcastic type! I am told that I am easy to talk to and am very laid back. I enjoy playing poker, listening to any music, watching movies & American TV shows, love going to the pub, dancing on a Saturday night and am a bit of a nerd as I own a Wii, PS3 and built my own PC! I am a creature of routine, love the night time when all the exciting things happen, am a bit of an insomniac and love getting trashed at the weekends! If you want, you can catch me on MSN @ graham@gad123.co.uk! Take care and enjoy you browse around this GAD123 Page!

Friday, January 27, 2006

Sicky, Bad, No Wheel...

Ok so it's the weekend, lets try and have a good one and a safe one! I must draw your attention to this Blog, it called Cyber-Satan. I read it everyday when I have my morning coffee and enjoy it immensely. It's a thought provoking, intelligent and well written blog, something I can only aspire to be, all I post is drivel. Maybe you should check it out too. Anyway masquerading as a post today as I have been ill this week (Dimples took good care of me) and can't be bothered updating here, this is a reply I wrote for the entry entitled - False Consciousness?

Hmmm. My you are hard on yourself, do you ever get to smile and how does all this affect your children's upbringing? I think it's great how you feel, think and analyse. Makes me wonder how you ended up in that position, experiences, how you where brought up or is your brain just wired differently?

I do my best to be nice to people, work hard and help out who I can along the way but I try to have fun too. I don't care about amassing material wealth and hope to have the opportunity to raise some kids in a stable bohemian household. I don't however run the marathon for some cancer charity, I don't do research in to a cure for AIDS or even volunteer at Oxfam but does that, by your own self critical analysis, make me a bad person?

We all have external pressures, like nothing ever experienced before in time and this is the problem, we have it easier than ever before, ergo are spoilt. My folks had nothing while growing up (11 kids on my mum's side sharing 2 bedrooms) in the 30's and 40's, neither did anyone else but they had the happiest childhood and would not change that for anything.

I deal with customers every day, all day in work, they are all top level management, MD's and business owners and a bunch of nastier people you could not find and most people would aspire to have their wealth and lifestyle, what does that say about OUR society?

Unfortunately we cant flap our little butterfly wings and on the other side of the world a weather front of change happens bringing about world peace, I just think we got to play the game...

TODAY'S LINKS :: Bizarrely sexual comic book covers :: MoBlog - My life in photo's :: Sharpe Edge Sign :: How Operating Systems Work

REMEMBER KID'S :: "Love is made by two people, in different kinds of solitude. It can be in a crowd, but in an oblivious crowd" Louis Aragon

No comments: