About Me - GAD123

My photo
Belfast, N.I., United Kingdom
I first got on the net over 15 (2009) years ago and have had my own site for at least 7 (2009) of those years (a place where I could dump the misery of my everyday life!), you can see my fist efforts @ www.freewebs.com/gad123 and my current blog @ www.gad123.co.uk . I am a kind person, smart, (I know that is subjective) and witty, the dry, sarcastic type! I am told that I am easy to talk to and am very laid back. I enjoy playing poker, listening to any music, watching movies & American TV shows, love going to the pub, dancing on a Saturday night and am a bit of a nerd as I own a Wii, PS3 and built my own PC! I am a creature of routine, love the night time when all the exciting things happen, am a bit of an insomniac and love getting trashed at the weekends! If you want, you can catch me on MSN @ graham@gad123.co.uk! Take care and enjoy you browse around this GAD123 Page!

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Eight Points of My Perfect Smoke...

Valentines day is over, Dimples got me some nice things, like the Artic Monkeys CD and it's actually better than I thought it would be. My folks are back from their holidays and I am back at work and the balance has been restored.

Smoking, the brilliant and wonderful thing it is has finally got the blanket ban in public places that it deserves in England and quite right too as here in Northern Ireland a complete ban was already agreed for April 2007. It happened in Ireland a few years ago and in my opinion has really destroyed the whole 'crac' and Pub culture in Dublin. In New York where it has also been outlawed, it's a different story, smoking is cool again, driven underground, whole rooftops of clubs have been given over to smokers and hot girls stand outside bars and the like to attract customers of the smoking variety in, great.

Now being a smoker myself I agree that it is wholly unfair to put people who really care that much about there health in a position as to breath in my smoky fumes but I think that they should be given the option of where they go to get their kicks, put a sign up outside pubs stating its a smoking Pub and let them choose, after all it's a free country... Dimples hates smoking and I try not to smoke around her (it's tough tho, it's an addiction remember), except the weekends, when I have a drink and really enjoy my smoking. The obvious thing to say here is she knew I smoked when she met me and if she wanted a non-smoker she should not have continued to have a relationship with me. I know I will stop one day, so she does not have to put up with it forever! Anyway, what's going to happen is that pubs will have marques and garden areas with heaters outside for smokers and that's where everyone will stand because as we all know, it's the smokers that know how to party and have fun!

I have said this for years, I don't have any stats to prove it but I will say it again! It's the TAX from smokers who have supported the health service for years and if we all stopped the revenue (£4 from each pack) it generated will leave a huge whole in the budget and what are we going to do then? I know you will say that it's smokers and second hand smoke victims that are going for heart ops, cancer treatment, etc and dragging the health service down but folks I am afraid that just aint the case and you are falling for media hype! There is a correlation between second hand smoker and illnesses like cancer but not enough study has been done to prove it and in all honesty it is more likely a coincidence, remember, fit, health, non-smokers, non-drinkers, who have never lived with a smoker or frequent pubs and walk everywhere still get ill with cancer and have heart disease or lung disease! Smoking is not the only cause of illness and until we all starting eating healthier, drinking less, keeping fit and generally looking after ourselves, no one can say that my smoking is the cause of their ill health! Yes I know it stinks, blah, blah, blah but it's dam cool *tongue firmly press in cheek* Comments welcome guys.

Have you read that the BBC now want to charge a blanket licence fee for PC's? Apparently anything capable of receiving live or virtually live broadcasts is considered TV receiving equipment and therefore needs to be accounted and charged for. It's a bit harsh, don't you think? You can read more about it here.

I got tagged by Catpee for a MeMe. So I have to write 8 points detailing what my perfect lover must be/have/whatever, so here goes:

1) She's to be intelligent, able to grasp and wrestle with ideas
2) She has to GET me, I am a little off the wall remember
3) She's got to be able to not take herself or life too seriously, there is a time and place for everything
4) She has to be thoughtful not just in terms of 'us'
5) She's to be a bit weird and wacky
6) She has to be sexy, dirty and open minded (nudge, nudge, wink, wink)
7) She's got too be a music lover
8)She has to be clean and tidy - Very important!

I think I am meant to TAG 8 people now but who will post this?!

TODAY'S LINKS :: MoBlog - My life in photo's :: Cute crap :: escher + legos :: True Facts :: New T-Shirt Hell Shirts

REMEMBER KID'S :: "Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again."

4 comments:

BC87 said...

You should quit smoking. It's a basic recommendation to good health.

BC87 said...

"I know I will stop one day".
I hope you ain't planing to stop the day you die. Not a very good plan.

Graham - GAD123 said...

I think so, maybe on my death bed, lol! ;)

Swanieslunch said...

i hear that pubs with no smoke smell of b.o. and stale beer. Looking forward to that in March. (!) You are right about the party happening outside. I am one of the few smokers in my wee gang and I always feel like the unsociable smelly auntie in the corner. If i go outside in march though, i reckon they will follow. And you will give up one day, as will I, just not when someone tell me to!