About Me - GAD123

My photo
Belfast, N.I., United Kingdom
I first got on the net over 15 (2009) years ago and have had my own site for at least 7 (2009) of those years (a place where I could dump the misery of my everyday life!), you can see my fist efforts @ www.freewebs.com/gad123 and my current blog @ www.gad123.co.uk . I am a kind person, smart, (I know that is subjective) and witty, the dry, sarcastic type! I am told that I am easy to talk to and am very laid back. I enjoy playing poker, listening to any music, watching movies & American TV shows, love going to the pub, dancing on a Saturday night and am a bit of a nerd as I own a Wii, PS3 and built my own PC! I am a creature of routine, love the night time when all the exciting things happen, am a bit of an insomniac and love getting trashed at the weekends! If you want, you can catch me on MSN @ graham@gad123.co.uk! Take care and enjoy you browse around this GAD123 Page!

Monday, February 06, 2006

Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 and Poker Bots...

I read around the subject of PC's and software a fair bit and know enough to get myself into and out of trouble, so when I purchased my new machine 2 years ago I made a decision that I would not update windows or any of the software as long as everything worked and I encountered no problems. That has been the case now for those 2 years! When Microsoft released SP2 and all the horror stories arose I smugly smiled knowing that my little box was purring along just fine. That WAS until last night...

Are you waiting for a scare story, well you aren't going to get it I'm afraid. IE7 Beta 2 has came out and I wanted to check it out but though it was time to bite the bullet and update. 2 hours later everything was updated and working just fine. I turned off the automatic updates, the firewall and reset the security settings and checked over everything, of course and yes indeed, it's great. In fact my PC seems to start up quicker and is definitely snappier! Lets see if it continues to run stably over the long term tho, obviously I will keep you posted on that!

Now to the point, Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2. I only used it for 5 minutes and looked at the settings but its grand, like a stripped down IE6 mixed with the best of Firefox i.e. Tabbed Browsing. Now that does not seem a too in depth review but I think 'they' have produced exactly what 90% of people want and use, ergo, it does what it says on the tin.

I nearly forgot about the Bots. This was something I knew about but until I read an article e mailed to me by Kayeso (cheers dude and you should really reprise that blog) I never knew that I could actually be playing one. I still think that it would be easy for the gaming site, software or tech peeps to spot one or someone using one but this is an eye opening article none the less.

TODAY'S LINKS :: New T-Shirt Hell Shirts :: MoBlog - My life in photo's :: Yahoo's Sites of 2005 - Unfortunately Mine Isn't There! :: Top Ten Signs You're a Fundamentalist Christian :: Short Stories - Can Dimples Find One To Read To Me?

REMEMBER KID'S :: "Love makes the wildest spirit tame, and the tamest spirit wild" Alexis Delp

No comments: