About Me - GAD123

My photo
Belfast, N.I., United Kingdom
I first got on the net over 15 (2009) years ago and have had my own site for at least 7 (2009) of those years (a place where I could dump the misery of my everyday life!), you can see my fist efforts @ www.freewebs.com/gad123 and my current blog @ www.gad123.co.uk . I am a kind person, smart, (I know that is subjective) and witty, the dry, sarcastic type! I am told that I am easy to talk to and am very laid back. I enjoy playing poker, listening to any music, watching movies & American TV shows, love going to the pub, dancing on a Saturday night and am a bit of a nerd as I own a Wii, PS3 and built my own PC! I am a creature of routine, love the night time when all the exciting things happen, am a bit of an insomniac and love getting trashed at the weekends! If you want, you can catch me on MSN @ graham@gad123.co.uk! Take care and enjoy you browse around this GAD123 Page!

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Mad Dogs and Tired men...

So last night was yet another sleepless affair, it was about 4.45am when I nodded off and until then I lay awake with mad dogs running round in my head. I hate mad dogs but they throw up some interesting thoughts. Last night I mulled over my school days, being bullied from P1 through to leaving by the same person - I seen him a few months back, he has made it I tell you, a security guy in Tescos, karma? - being dyslexic and how let down I was by the whole system.

This is a period of my life that I have tried to block out, I never think about it because it's so depressing to me but I think discussing Dimple's working life has made me confront it, after all she is a secondary school English teacher! It was not really until early 20's that I started to believe in myself, that I was not dumb, ugly, a wimp, a sucker or what ever else I was branded and I started to weed out the crap in my life.

Anyway, if my school years where different and maybe I was not such a loner or a simp, I think I would have been a straight A student, stayed at school, went to Uni, got a great job, been unhappily married and have a couple of brats as children. You see, even tho those things did not happen does not mean that I am unhappy, full of regret or that I even hold a grudge (in the same positions, with the same knowledge, I would make the same decisions again because they where the morally right decisions to make), in fact, I would say that this way I am a better person. I understand the world we live in so much more, had what I think was a privileged childhood, seen the world, understand and empathise with people and am reasonably happy most of the time. You see it's because of those events, the times I was not selfish in forwarding my own life towards 'normality' and ultimately unhappiness that I am now in a unique position and able to make mature, informed decisions leading to 'hopefully' a healthier life, filled with joy, laughter, fun and possibly more.

I am a normally weird geeky guy, I have an average life, earn an average wage and have had a middle class upbringing and that, my friends, is what I wanted in life, just to be average and happy! Nothing too complicated, to difficult, to help out who I could along the way and make a little difference to someone's life. I hope I have done all that and my conscience is clear (judge that God) but where do I go now?

Well there is Dimples, I am going to enjoy walking the path with her, who knows where it will lead but as I always say, it's the journey that counts, not necessarily the destination.

TODAY'S LINKS :: The Line Game we all played at school :: MoBlog - My life in photo's :: Karl Pilkington's Rockbusters :: The Luxor - Hopefully where we are going for summer hols! :: Join the social music revolution at Last.fm :: Help with bullying :: The Law of Karma

REMEMBER KID'S :: "I used to have a handle on life, but it broke."

No comments: