About Me - GAD123

My photo
Belfast, N.I., United Kingdom
I first got on the net over 15 (2009) years ago and have had my own site for at least 7 (2009) of those years (a place where I could dump the misery of my everyday life!), you can see my fist efforts @ www.freewebs.com/gad123 and my current blog @ www.gad123.co.uk . I am a kind person, smart, (I know that is subjective) and witty, the dry, sarcastic type! I am told that I am easy to talk to and am very laid back. I enjoy playing poker, listening to any music, watching movies & American TV shows, love going to the pub, dancing on a Saturday night and am a bit of a nerd as I own a Wii, PS3 and built my own PC! I am a creature of routine, love the night time when all the exciting things happen, am a bit of an insomniac and love getting trashed at the weekends! If you want, you can catch me on MSN @ graham@gad123.co.uk! Take care and enjoy you browse around this GAD123 Page!

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Good Luck Marrying Donnie...

To follow on a little from yesterdays ramblings about the home game, I read a post about luck over at the Cards Chat Blog. I view their site every day, find it interesting and informative and today's was no different. FPaulsson posted about another guys - who I am not going to mention because he does not deserve a link - blog, in it he said basically that saying sorry for a bad beat or even wishing people good luck was stupid and we only play to win money! Now I agree that playing online is about winning but I also enjoy it like Astolath is currently enjoying Guild Wars. It's a fun computer game!

Playing live or socially it's about having fun, some of the put downs are very cutting and the 'crack' is great but for me it's about respect too. I want to make the correct plays, bets, folds etc, I want people to worry about playing on MY big blind and to fear my raises! Luck is fine, wishing people good luck is fine and saying sorry when you hit the runner runner is fine because these things balance out. We all have the same chance when it comes to luck and as yesterdays post shows, when it really comes down to it, the plays you make are what counts towards winning. I do however understand that there are nights when you don't see ANY cards and it makes it very difficult to win hands! Anyway, showing some courtesy at the table, I think, is under no debate and indeed should be a given!

Last night Dimples and I watched Donnie Darko, what a great movie, there is however one thing that troubles me. Why did everyone go on and on about how confusing the movie was and that it did not make any sense? It was obvious to me and should have been to you lot too! *sigh*

On a more local note, the club complex, Kelly's, is to close. It was well know throughout the world as one of the best atmospheres to party in. I only went once but had a blast, I hate change! The Cloughorr House hotel is to be built on the site of the old Golf Links Hotel and will cost £30m. On the positive side it will create more jobs in the area but it is one of dance's institutions here in Northern Ireland.

Finally Dimples and I are off to a wedding on Friday, it's an old friend of hers, neither of us really wanna go (I don't really like all the showy, look how much we spent, farce of weddings at the best of times) but unfortunately we are committed now. Anyone got any good ideas of how to leave early? I want her just to say I have a dose of the sh1ts, lol! Who would question that??!

TODAY'S LINKS :: MoBlog - My life in photo's :: New GAD123 Live Space :: The Trouble Being Gay :: Yip, You Heard, Blues Dancing! :: Horror Film Goss

REMEMBER KID'S :: "Chaos, panic, and disorder - my work here is done."


No comments: