About Me - GAD123

My photo
Belfast, N.I., United Kingdom
I first got on the net over 15 (2009) years ago and have had my own site for at least 7 (2009) of those years (a place where I could dump the misery of my everyday life!), you can see my fist efforts @ www.freewebs.com/gad123 and my current blog @ www.gad123.co.uk . I am a kind person, smart, (I know that is subjective) and witty, the dry, sarcastic type! I am told that I am easy to talk to and am very laid back. I enjoy playing poker, listening to any music, watching movies & American TV shows, love going to the pub, dancing on a Saturday night and am a bit of a nerd as I own a Wii, PS3 and built my own PC! I am a creature of routine, love the night time when all the exciting things happen, am a bit of an insomniac and love getting trashed at the weekends! If you want, you can catch me on MSN @ graham@gad123.co.uk! Take care and enjoy you browse around this GAD123 Page!

Thursday, September 14, 2006

I Can't Find My Balls...

The Tuesday (Wednesday) night poker game went well, lots of good decisions, good bets, folding at the right time, bluffing at the right time and seeing the correct amount of flops ended in one, maybe two similar bad plays, with the same player (Magic Paul), reducing me from chip leader and a probable win to placing 3rd at a chip count!

I really have improved my game but I can't get to grips with one part of play, aggression, well it's not that I am not aggressive but rather I lack the 'courage' to call or raise bets (all in's) towards the end of a game unless I have cards i.e. a top 30 hand or preferably top 20! I HATE GAMBLING or TAKING CHANCES but I do understand that in order to win I do need to call these at sometime and rely on a little luck going my way in a 50/50 race!

So how do I get over this hurdle? I just don't know the answer to that, last night it cost me the win (£30 instead of £100) and in any game it really only makes me a top 3 player, not a winner! The weird thing is I find this play a lot easier online (I now play on Poker Stars under the name GAD123 if you want to look me up) but face to face I unfortunately wimp out! I suppose clicking a button is a lot less 'traumatic' than pushing most of your stack in to the middle on something that at best you are 50/50 and seeing that mountain of chips dwindle to a mere mole hill has a lot to do with it! The sad thing is that the first bad move was not calling an 11k all in when I was sitting at 60k, he only had 69 or something, can't remember what I had but it opened the door for him as that was the first of many blind steals (small 3k and big 6k), eventually culminating in Paul taking the win! There where other factors i.e. only 5 minutes of play left, Craig (finished 2nd only a few thousand ahead) only a couple of thousand chips behind at that stage, I had worked hard to get to chip leader, I got emotional (read as pissed off) about all the steals by Paul and also the heckles of, "call, CALL" by Kayeso did not help!

Anyway, its done now, lesson learned and hopefully I can take something from this, along with a bit of momentum to the 40 person Wolseys Series of Poker Tournament on Sunday! Wish me luck folks!

TODAY'S LINKS :: Poker.com :: The Poker Forum :: Home Poker :: Poker Tournament Strategy :: Watch South park Online

REMEMBER KID'S :: "I just want revenge. Is that so wrong?"


No comments: