About Me - GAD123

My photo
Belfast, N.I., United Kingdom
I first got on the net over 15 (2009) years ago and have had my own site for at least 7 (2009) of those years (a place where I could dump the misery of my everyday life!), you can see my fist efforts @ www.freewebs.com/gad123 and my current blog @ www.gad123.co.uk . I am a kind person, smart, (I know that is subjective) and witty, the dry, sarcastic type! I am told that I am easy to talk to and am very laid back. I enjoy playing poker, listening to any music, watching movies & American TV shows, love going to the pub, dancing on a Saturday night and am a bit of a nerd as I own a Wii, PS3 and built my own PC! I am a creature of routine, love the night time when all the exciting things happen, am a bit of an insomniac and love getting trashed at the weekends! If you want, you can catch me on MSN @ graham@gad123.co.uk! Take care and enjoy you browse around this GAD123 Page!

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Gambling With Presents...

Hey. First I must say, I tried to goad people in Friday's post by pushing some buttons but not one person took the bate and was up for a discussion, ah well! Further to that post it now transpires that the government has had it's knuckles wrapped and been told to compensate 85,000 people who have lost all or part of their company pensions on the grounds of bad advice, yet they are washing their hands of it with Stephen Timms, the minister for pensions reform, saying "it could not be the responsibility of taxpayers to bail out failed corporate pension schemes." So why are we, the taxpayers, going to bail out the civil service pension mess??

Anyway, my birthday weekend was FAB, drunk 3 evenings in a row, got some fantastic presents, cards (I love getting post), texts and all that, thank you everyone. You all make me feel special and very lucky! My family got me this chair and Dimples got me these chips, those where the big presents and at my age, getting 'big presents' is brill!

Feel ill today tho, probably just run down, chest, sore throat and the like. Those late nights, alcohol and as usual, I am not sleeping are to blame, I assume! Dimples has suggested that I read to get me in the mood for bed. I would really love to do that but as I find it so difficult, I am not sure I would gain much pleasure from it and what to read, I would not want to put the effort in to a book and then feel let down halfway through! I am thinking she should read to me and do the voices for the characters. I still get pleasure without the trauma and she gets to practice for reading in class, lol.

Played my first poker tournament on Sunday and enjoyed it immensely, finished in the middle, did the best with my cards and finally made the decision that the blinds where catching me and I had to make a move. I play too tight to win a big game like that, am disciplined and, usually only really fall to bad beats. I need to become more aggressive to win but that means playing more hands, taking risks and gambling, which I hate to do. Anyway, does everyone not know that is the correct way to play, ergo, they are all at it and soon my style of play will pay off?! Thanks Kayeso for setting everything up and running the games, shame you did not get to play yourself. Cheers for the copy of the tournament software too.

TODAY'S LINKS :: View What I am Currently Listening to in Real Time :: UPDATED - My life in photo's :: Comic Strips - Updated daily :: www.timeanddate.com :: Ten Rules for Being Human :: PocketMod :: Movie Clichés

REMEMBER KID'S :: "I don't have a beer gut, I have a protective covering for my rock hard abs"

2 comments:

BC87 said...

Drinking and smoking.... woooo.

Poker is pretty fun too.

Graham - GAD123 said...

Poker is good fun! :)