About Me - GAD123

My photo
Belfast, N.I., United Kingdom
I first got on the net over 15 (2009) years ago and have had my own site for at least 7 (2009) of those years (a place where I could dump the misery of my everyday life!), you can see my fist efforts @ www.freewebs.com/gad123 and my current blog @ www.gad123.co.uk . I am a kind person, smart, (I know that is subjective) and witty, the dry, sarcastic type! I am told that I am easy to talk to and am very laid back. I enjoy playing poker, listening to any music, watching movies & American TV shows, love going to the pub, dancing on a Saturday night and am a bit of a nerd as I own a Wii, PS3 and built my own PC! I am a creature of routine, love the night time when all the exciting things happen, am a bit of an insomniac and love getting trashed at the weekends! If you want, you can catch me on MSN @ graham@gad123.co.uk! Take care and enjoy you browse around this GAD123 Page!

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Sickly Birthdays and Storage Mediums...

Hey everyone, miss me??! I have not posted as I was REALLY ill, I thought it was just the usual fallout from the weekend, not sleeping and all that. As it turns out I was sicky bad and took yesterday off work. The one thing I will say about me being ill is I never take medication, I don't know why but I just don't feel it is necessary, these things run their course. I am waiting till one day when I am seriously ill and need it so I can get the maximum from it without toleration having been built up. Do you think this is a wise move? Anyway, I am still a little peaky but more or less there. I have now passed it on to Dimples tho, sorry about that honey. While I am on the subject of 'her' Happy Belated Birthday for Monday She is all grown up now, a woman if you will, at the ripe age of 27!

After all the giving of presents I thought I should get myself something, soooo, I bought Casshern on DVD, had not heard of it before but it was on sale in HIV and it looked like my kind of movie. Have watched half of it and I must say I am enjoying it. It's like a live action Japanese Animé movie with subtitles. My other purchases are a little more extravagant. I don't back up my system and would like to do a fresh install of XP soon (also worry it will fall over one day) so got a small hard drive, best compromise on price Vs. the storage that I need. It's the 80GB Freecom Classic SL USB 2.0. Also as I currently can't burn CD's (very frustrating) or DVD's (my DVD writer is banjacksed) so opted for an external DVDRW, again best purchase based on what I need Vs. price, I got the Liteon SOHW-1673SU EZ-DUB Ext 16x DVDRW. They should arrive today, so I am a little excited. I purchased them from CCL. I must say that, as of yet, can't find a better service, they even text (SMS) message you when your items have been despatched giving delivery details, it's a very nice touch. Their prices are also very competitive, maybe only £1 or £2 more expensive than the cheapest I can find on the interwebnet. Which is a small price to pay for the service and security they offer. I have never been ripped off on purchases made on the net, will never use Ebay for example and I want to keep it that way! Maybe you should check them out for all your PC purchases.

Finally in today's news, "The BBC has outlined plans to redesign its online offering for an era of on-demand TV and radio, and personalised web services." I can't wait for true on-demand telly! I am off now, so have a nice day folks!

TODAY'S 2006 Weblog Awards LINKS :: Tokyo Girl (Best Asian Weblog) :: Baghdad Burning (Best African or Middle Eastern Weblog) :: My Boyfriend is a ... (Best European Weblog) :: Girl with a One-Track Mind (Best British or Irish Weblog) :: Vegan Lunch Box (Best Food Weblog) :: It's Raining Noodles (Best Teen Weblog) :: PostSecret (Best American Weblog, Best Topical Weblog, Best Community Weblog, Best New Weblog AND Weblog of the Year)

REMEMBER KID'S :: "Consciousness: That annoying time between naps"

No comments: