About Me - GAD123

My photo
Belfast, N.I., United Kingdom
I first got on the net over 15 (2009) years ago and have had my own site for at least 7 (2009) of those years (a place where I could dump the misery of my everyday life!), you can see my fist efforts @ www.freewebs.com/gad123 and my current blog @ www.gad123.co.uk . I am a kind person, smart, (I know that is subjective) and witty, the dry, sarcastic type! I am told that I am easy to talk to and am very laid back. I enjoy playing poker, listening to any music, watching movies & American TV shows, love going to the pub, dancing on a Saturday night and am a bit of a nerd as I own a Wii, PS3 and built my own PC! I am a creature of routine, love the night time when all the exciting things happen, am a bit of an insomniac and love getting trashed at the weekends! If you want, you can catch me on MSN @ graham@gad123.co.uk! Take care and enjoy you browse around this GAD123 Page!

Thursday, March 09, 2006

The Trivium of watching DVD's...

Half way though the week already, how good is that? Also it's raining today, great for the gardens, reservoirs, insects, birds, animals and ME!

Last night I had a great dream that, when I woke, I thought I must remember to write about here, needless to say I have forgotten most of it. It was very exciting and took place in the wild west. The inspiration must have come form watching
Futureworld at the weekend, the follow up to Westworld, which I think they are rehashing in 2007. What a great movie and concept, I would love to holiday there, tho hitting Vegas is the next best thing, which I am doing!

So, the Trivium gig in the Ulster Hall was well radical dude or something like that. The venue was just perfect and it's the first time I have been there. The whole building is non smoking -
HAPPY NON SMOKING DAY and INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY, see told you I would talk about them - which is fine but they don't tell you until you are in, which is not that fair. Everyone ended up smoking in the toilets, how Rock and Roll, here I am at a metal gig, all the guys fancy themselves as tough guys, thrashing in their mosh and circle pits, all sidewalk slamming and tombstone finishing moves and the most risqué thing that they can do is have a sneaky tab, even at Bodger and Badger gig's kids are dropping pills and snorting coke these days! Anyway, 40 years ago my father won the All Ireland Armature Boxing title there, thankfully it has been renovated since then. On Sunday - great night for a metal gig - it was packed with 12 year old Goths, I was like the oldest person there, shhhh. That was great for me though as there was no queue at the bar, lol! I don't know the intricacies of describing 'Heavy Metal' music, so I am going to settle with, Sunshine State Metalcore, if anyone knows better post a comment. John and I thoroughly enjoyed the whole gig, even tho the support act's where a little heavy for me i.e. God Forbid!

I think a short word about some DVD's I watched at the weekend and MySpace.com to wrap it up for today.
Serenity was everything I thought tho not as 'made for TV' style as I had imagined, all good and a solid 8/10! The Mighty Boosh was again as expected and thoroughly enjoyable, weird humour and musical interludes are the order of the day here, again 8/10! Scarily I identified with a lot of it, I mean not just identified with but act like that, hmmm, not sure how that will come across but please, no one try and have me sectioned!

Lastly I suppose I should mention
My Space.com, here in the UK it is the band wagon that everyone is jumping on so you should get on it too. I have been hanging around there for a year now but never really done much with it, check me out at GAD123 My Space! That's your lot, until tomorrow, have a nice day guys!

TODAY'S LINKS ::
View What I am Currently Listening to in Real Time :: MoBlog - My life in photo's :: Quadrupedalism :: Blooker Prize

REMEMBER KID'S :: "Use the best: Linux for servers, Mac for graphics, Windows for Solitaire"

No comments: