About Me - GAD123

My photo
Belfast, N.I., United Kingdom
I first got on the net over 15 (2009) years ago and have had my own site for at least 7 (2009) of those years (a place where I could dump the misery of my everyday life!), you can see my fist efforts @ www.freewebs.com/gad123 and my current blog @ www.gad123.co.uk . I am a kind person, smart, (I know that is subjective) and witty, the dry, sarcastic type! I am told that I am easy to talk to and am very laid back. I enjoy playing poker, listening to any music, watching movies & American TV shows, love going to the pub, dancing on a Saturday night and am a bit of a nerd as I own a Wii, PS3 and built my own PC! I am a creature of routine, love the night time when all the exciting things happen, am a bit of an insomniac and love getting trashed at the weekends! If you want, you can catch me on MSN @ graham@gad123.co.uk! Take care and enjoy you browse around this GAD123 Page!

Friday, March 10, 2006

A Marx Birthday...

At last it's the weekend and I for one can't wait to start enjoying it! Obviously being my birthday weekend - 31 on Saturday, shhhh - I have presents - not that I am materialistic or anything - to look forward to, yay! Out for lunch in work today, a party after dinner tonight (for my niece really) and then to John's for a good old fashioned piss up. Up to watch the Formula 1 qualifying (I'm so excited), Dimples over tomorrow night, more presents and then to the pub, he he! Up to watching the Formula 1 race in the morning and then a poker tournament on Sunday evening. What a fantastic weekend, dispersed with online poker, late nights and Monday off work, I could not ask for more, just brill!

I have so much to pack in to my post today I don't know where to start. Dimples bought me Peep Show series 2 on DVD the other day and I am looking forward to watching that as I missed a couple of episodes. Thank you Dimples and so close to my birthday, what were you thinking??! lol

This pisses me off, I will be concise and not get bogged down in stats but why do I have to fork out for Governments fuckup's over public sector pensions, I pay national insurance and there is nothing left in the pot for me to retire on as it is. If you check the dictionary it gives as an example, the opposite of efficient, as, the Civil Service. Sort it out! Also on a similar theme, Lectures are striking, they don't think they are getting paid enough now because they have to do some of their own Admin and if they worked in the private sector the wages would be higher! OK, well, go get a job in the private sector then, that's that sorted. *sigh* They get paid £35-£40k on average for rehashing the same lectures that have stood them in good stead for the last 10 years, are not in a high pressure environment and work half the hours compared to top level management or directors, catch a grip! If I said I don't earn enough you would tell me to look for a better job, ergo...

Surely people realise that there is a threshold for what we can manage to pay in TAX and have some sort of quality of life. The purse is empty and yet we all expect more cash for schools, hospitals, transport and don't get me started on the welfare systems. The way I see it, and of course I would see it this way, is that it's me and people like me, not poor, not rich, not married, somewhere in the middle of there working life, putting all the effort they can in, who can't get ahead! To demonstrate this, I earn the average wage in the UK and live in N.I where it's 'supposed' to be less expensive to buy a house but yet not one house is below 3 times my wage, nowhere in this country can I buy a house! It's a joke but I accept that because I realise that I have a lot more than many others in the world. Maybe public sector workers should too and take responsibility for their lives! This country is turning into,
including me, a population of grumpy moans and we are god dam lucky to be born in a place with the 6th highest standard of living in the world, get
over it, I'm off to read the
Communist Manifesto!!

To end on a more positive note.... I am so looking forward to the Formula 1 GP on Sunday, the first race is always a bit of a mishmash and this year, with the rule changes will be no exception. I have no idea who will win and the practice gave no indications with the top teams conserving engines and tyres and choosing not to run. It will probably come down to reliability but I would like to see David Coulthard the Red Bull driver do well!

Finally, yip there at last I hear you cry, a short word on some movies. Lucky Number Sleven was a great flick, not a comedic as I thought and certainly more violent but enjoyable with a little twist. Would love to see Hostel the new Quentin
Tarantino (presents) flick, I don't think it will be outstanding but wanna go none the less. In breaking news,
Cyber-Satan will be happy to see the Corpse Bride took the top animated film award at the British Animation Awards. Also, I got the new Ricky Gervias podcasts to listen to later!

Ok folks, that's me finished, have a good and safe weekend whatever you get up to, peace, out!

TODAY'S LINKS :: View What I am Currently Listening to in Real Time :: MoBlog - My life in photo's :: Website meets Art :: Make your own site with relevant info based on some entered words, I think... :: F1 commentary live on BBC website

REMEMBER KID'S :: "Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil"

No comments: